Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Thank you for considering Pastor Steve Holt to be a part of your special day! Pastor Steve is the Pastor Teacher of The Road and Director of Worshipper&Warrior. He is excited about being the minister in your wedding and to help prepare you for your marriage. Pastor Steve takes seriously the privilege and responsibility of preparing you for this life changing adventure.
Couples desiring to be married by Pastor Steve must first meet the following Marriage Qualifications:
- A Christian marriage is a total commitment of one man and one woman to God and to one another.
- The couple should have the approval and blessing of parents or guardians. If not, Pastor Steve will want to discuss your situation.
- Each person must be a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, and that belief must be reflected in his and her lifestyle.
- The couple should have known each other for at least nine months.
- Pastor Steve encourages and promotes a biblical and sexually pure lifestyle until after the couple’s wedding ceremony.
- If either party has been married before, the previous marriage should have been terminated for one of the following reasons
- Adultery on the part of the former spouse (Matthew 5:32)
- An unbelieving partner left, allowing the believing partner to remarry. (I Corinthians 7:15)
- The previous marriage and divorce occurred before either party came to know Christ. (II Corinthians 5:17)
- The death of a spouse.
- If for another reason, Pastor Steve would like to discuss further.
Three Premarital Counseling Sessions
- Purchase session material for $10 – “The God-Wild Marriage” by Steve Holt.
- Session 1: Read and discuss chapters 1-3.
- Session 2: Read and discuss chapters 4-6.
- Session 3: Read and discuss chapters 7-8.
- Complete homework assignment prior to next session.
- Sessions will need to be complete no later than 30 days prior to wedding. Exceptions under extenuating circumstances can be discussed.
- Additional resources that Pastor Steve would recommend: “The Total Money Makeover” by Dave Ramsey.
Available days for wedding are: Monday—Saturday
Unavailable weekends: Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years.
Up Front Ceremony Cost
Payment due after availability is confirmed.
Member of The Road: $300
Responsible to cover additional expenses for Pastor Steve if the wedding is out of town. (Travel, gas, logging, etc.)
Rehearsals & Receptions
Pastor Steve does not usually attend rehearsal dinners, but he will try to attend the reception depending on his schedule.
After Reviewing the Marriage Qualifications
Submit your completed Wedding Application online. Click on the button below to begin.
After Submitting your Wedding Application
Pastor Steve will review your Wedding Application and check his schedule. Once Pastor Steve’s availability is confirmed, you will be contacted.
After Availability is Confirmed
You will be contacted for payment and scheduling your three counseling sessions with Pastor Steve.
Please contact us if you have any more questions at email@example.com. We look forward to helping you through this exciting process!